A Holistic Approach to ADHD Treatment
October 6, 2017Latest News
Why would natural treatments help ADHD?I’ve tried everything! is what I commonly hear from the parents and adults suffering with ADHD. What they really meant was to that the medications they tried did not help. The underlying cause of ADHD is an abnormal stimulation to the brain and nervous system. Any treatment that can restore normal function and balance to brain and nervous system will help with ADHD. Luckily, there are several natural approaches that can achieve a calmer, more efficient and focused brain and nervous system.
Diet Matters!Common sense and medical research have linked a healthy diet to reduced ADHD symptoms.
- Reduce artificial ingredient including color, flavoring and preservatives. Artificial ingredients are known to agitate and irritate the nervous system.
- Reduce simple sugars … these are known to irritate the nervous system and cause energy fluctuations that reduces focus and attention
- Omega 3 rich foods help with brain function
- Vitamin B rich foods help with nervous system function
Nutrition supplements can help:
- Huperzine A has been proven to improve ADHD symptoms as effectively as medications especially for focus
- Amino acids GABA, 5HTP, Taurine and L-Theanine support the neurotransmitters involved in ADHD especially form calming
- Vitamins and mineral supplements
- Support for the HPA-axis can also be beneficial for helping with self control and focus
Hands-on Treatments Can HelpA major reason for ADHD is abnormal sensory perception and processing.These techniques maximizes sensory input and processing*NET is a technique used to minimize stress and anxiety
Are There Other Options?There are numerous other natural approaches to try. A great complimentary treatment is CES therapy. This therapy naturally raises the alpha waves in the brain for improved focus and calm.ADHD has mental, physical and biochemical components…its treatment should address all of these components. Alternative and natural treatments offer safe, effective and more complete care.